The Quality Engineer will work collaboratively with Quality Assurance personnel to support quality engineering requirements for customers, suppliers and internal AS9100 quality systems. The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Computer Skills
- Interpersonal and people skills (Customer Relations)
- ISO System, standards and internal audit experience
- Comprehensive Metrology knowledge
- Setup and Programming of Smart Scope; Zeiss CAM
- Time Management
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Monitors key product process CP’s and CPK’s, PPK’s(WIN, SPC’s)
- Monitors all gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (Gauge R&R) measurement systems.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence
- Analyzes data by completing normal distribution and process capability analysis tests
- Prepares reports by collecting analyzing and summarizing data
- Works closely with external partners; e.g. suppliers, customers and vendors; Manages and monitors vendors qualifications and performance to ensure they meet the companies’ compliance requirements, to include auditing and corrective actions
- Supports new product introduction (NPI) processes
- Creation of quality documentation and development of SOP’s for their facility and products in line with AS9100 standards
- Maintaining accurate quality documentation
- Proactive review and improvement of systems and processes to ensure compliance to AS9100 standards
- Works closely with manufacturing team to ensure quality protocols are followed documentation is correctly maintained and implement any new changes or adaptations based on quality review
- Contributions to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Knowledgeable of the QMS policies and procedures
- Develops quality control plans
- Maintains a system for calibration of measuring and test equipment
- Authority to stop production, limit further processing or delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency has been corrected
- Identifies and records any problem relating to the product, process and QMS
- Verifies implemented solutions
- Carries out request for quote, contract review and design control processes as appropriate
- Participates in corrective and preventive action processes
- Provide inspection support that includes: first article, in-process and end item quality reports
- Maintains quality records
- Initial or sign and date all documents and revisions
- Compiles statistical data and writes narrative reports summarizing quality assurance findings
- Initiates, recommends or provides solutions through designated channels
- Performs inspection tasks to determine if product meets customer requirements
- Experience and knowledge of the nonconforming material procedure
- Initiate and coordinate corrective action activities (Nonconforming Material Report)
- Produce all required quality documentation for customer product Initial or sign and date all documents and revisions
- Associate’s degree, technical/trade school training or equivalent with minimum of 5 years related experience
- Additional experience may be substituted for the formal education
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications required
- Must be able to read and comprehend engineering drawings, sketches and verbal and written communications to accomplish the job at hand
- Required to utilize independent judgment related to inspection function and activities
- Must be able to work independently or on a team providing solutions to a range of complex problems
- Possesses good interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills to interface with various levels of employees while performing quality assurance functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are always looking for highly qualified and motivated people to join our team. If you are interested in a career at Global Precision Products, LLC, please e-mail your resume to: