Quality Assurance Inspector
Quality Assurance Inspector
The Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for: implementing, auditing and the improvement of the Quality Management System.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Computer Skills
- Interpersonal and people skills
- ISO System, standards and internal audit experience helpful
- Comprehensive Metrology knowledge
- Setup and Programming of Smart Scope
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Knowledgeable of the Company quality policy
- Knowledgeable of the QMS policies and procedures
- Develops quality control plans
- Maintains a system for calibration of measuring and test equipment
- Authority to stop production, limit further processing or delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency has been corrected
- Identifies and records any problem relating to the product, process and QMS
- Verifies implemented solutions
- Carries out request for quote, contract review and design control processes as appropriate
- Participates in corrective and preventive action processes
- Provide inspection support that includes: first article, in-process and end item quality reports
- Maintains quality records
- Initial or sign and date all documents and revisions
- Compiles statistical data and writes narrative reports summarizing quality assurance findings.
- Initiates, recommends or provides solutions through designated channels
- Performs inspection tasks to determine if product meets customer requirements
- Trained in the nonconforming material procedure
- Initiate and coordinate corrective action activities (Nonconforming Material Report)
- Produce all required quality documentation for customer product Initial or sign and date all documents and revisions
- Associate’s degree, technical/trade school training or equivalent with minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for the formal education.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications required.
- Must be able to read and comprehend engineering drawings, sketches and verbal and written communications to accomplish the job at hand.
- Required to utilize independent judgment related to inspection function and activities.
- Must be able to work independently or on a team providing solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills to interface with various levels of employees while performing quality assurance functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are always looking for highly qualified and motivated people to join our team. If you are interested in a career at Global Precision Products, LLC, please e-mail your resume to: